6th International Conference "FREIGHT-2009: Container Transportation in Russia and the Neighbouring States"
FREIGHT-2009: Container Transportation in Russia and the Neighbouring States
November 26, 2009 St. Petersburg will welcome main event of the year for the Russian container industry - the international conference "FREIGHT-2009: Container Transportation in Russia and the Neighbouring States". This is the sixth time container market trend-setters, top managers, key customers decision makers and state officials representing industry regulating bodies will discuss industry developments at their annual meeting.
Official support: Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation.
Liner Shipping support: OOCL.
The Conference is organized by SeaNews Information&Consulting.
This year the main subjects set forth for discussion will be the results after the first year of the recession, crisis management strategies and the key trends and initiatives to define the industry development in 2010 and even further.
The container logistics and transportation market in Russia has been hit by the economic recession worse than many other segments as the traffic downturn was aggravated by the large-scale infrastructure projects started during the container boom, when the industry was suffering from the lack of capacity.
The first session will be dedicated to demand forecast for the next year, consumption restructure and shippers' expectations.
Strategic planning much depends upon the policies set by the state authorities that regulate and control the market, notably the customs. One of the conference sections will be traditionally given to a panel discussion with Federal Customs Service officials. This year, the RF Federal Customs Service has embarked on a number of initiatives that will inevitably change the market environment. One of these is the Concept of moving customs clearance and control to the state border of the Russian Federation that was proposed in March 2009. Local implementation of the Concept as well as the Customs Service's initiative to restrict container operations via road border crossings will be topical during the customs panel.
Special topics of the conference "FREIGHT-2009: Container Transportation in Russia and the Neighbouring States":
- Port industry condition and prospects, container infrastructure development in Russia and neighboring countries;
- Customs clearance procedures for containerized cargo;
- Special economic zones development in Russian ports;
- Measures to improve competitive positions of Russian container ports;
- New container handling facilities and infrastructure development on Russian Railways' network;
- Tariff policies for container transportation in rail segment;
- Tariff policies of the state to improve competitiveness of Russian ports;
- Options for Russian ports to attract global container lines' deep sea services;
- Coordinating different transport modes in logistics centers;
- Concept of moving customs clearance and control operations with cargo to the state border of the Russian Federation
- Container division development strategy within transport holdings and container infrastructure development investment strategy.